Saturday 1 December 2012

The Mad Dash Hair Bun; In less than 5 minutes. Sorted.

Sorry all for my late post today!
I've finally got my first Saturday job - working in a lovely cafe near my house! YAY!
Another thing to get excited about is my ADVENT CALENDER! It's the 1st of December, so it's time to get happy for Christmas :D

I can't say my work uniform was very exciting, (unless your an extreme fan of black and white...) so I thought I'd share with you my hair bun techniques, to get a big glossy bun in less than 5 minutes! I usually opt for a messy bun, but this time I felt like a change, and glad of it too!



I also got my first BLOG COMPETITION WIN, thanks to Canned Fashion! I'm not usually successful, when it comes to competition's, so was really happy to hear I'd finally won something :D
Part of the prize was a lovely Christmas Gift Box from Sassoon! As a little thank you, I've also done a trial with the hair products from Sassoon, and just from the photo's you can see the amazing results!

So for the slick Megga hair bun, follow these easy steps and get timing:


1. After washing hair thoroughly (here with the Sassoon Illuminating Clean Shampoo) spray with heat shape spray, before drying. Pull hair into a mid pony tail.
 2. Thread pony tail through the doughnut bun*, ensuring it's pushed to the top of hair. If you have long hair (like myself) you may find it easier to leave some hair not threaded through, when fixing the bun later. *(you can get doughnut bun's from anywhere - mine was £1, from Primark!)
 3. Next use another thin bobble, and fix over the doughnut bun.

4. Use grips to fix the left over hair down, and gently putt out the hair around the doughnut to create the MEGGA bun look!

And there you have it! I'm now in love with the Sassoon hair range, and would definitely advise anyone thinking of a change in hair products, to get your hands on the Sassoon products!


I'm off now to feast of Chinese, lie down and rest my poorly feet and go mad watching Saturday night T.V!
What are you all doing with your Saturday night? :)

Lots of Love,

13 comments:

  1. I always wear my hair in a messy bun, it's so much easier than straightening and styling :)
    I'm doing a giveaway and would love If you could enter x

    http://Heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah so do I, usually! The great thing about this style, is there's no need for styling :D
      I'll take a look now!
      Love
      Grace X

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your bun,so effortlessly glam! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the bun! mind to check out my blog?

    xo, thanks http://thecookiemookie.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful bun is what my hair wants!!!! Great post.

    Eirini from http://fashionreactor.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is perfect but I can never seem to perfect mine since my hair is too thick :(

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariel!
      Thick hair - not a problem!
      What I found best was to create a double loop through the doughnut, and then focus of gripping as much down as possible! X

      Delete
  7. Looks really pretty! I wear hair bun all the time, especially at work since hair wont get in the way ;)

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I nominated you for the Liebster Award! Check it out! http://sequin-kisses.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/liebster-award.html :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!
    xx

    Johanna, Sweden
    ART FASHION

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to try hair extensions but haven't been brave enough yet! These look so good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a commet here! I'll try my best to reply to comment, and If you leave a link to your blog, i'd be happy to take a look :)